Atlas Charcoal Workshirt by The Rite Stuff is crafted from a robust 6.5 oz. salt and pepper selvedge chambray. Milled in Japan, this fabric is also known as covert cloth and is some of the last remaining salt and pepper selvedge fabric in the world. Inspired by work shirts of the 1930s, the Atlas is an outstanding example of work wear from that era.
Era-specific details include the extension neckband (chinstrap), ecru stitching set to period-correct thread guage, and the high and thin back yoke. Other features include continuous cuffs, urea cat’s eye buttons, and selvedge gussets at the bottom-side hem. The garment worker’s tag and John Lofgren & Co. manufacturing is your guarantee that The Atlas has been ethically made.
– 6.5 oz salt and pepper selvedge covert chambray milled in Japan
– unbleached ecru stitching
– Japanese made Urea cat’s eye buttons
– extension neckband for a tighter, cleaner fit
– chainstitching on all major seams
– selvedge gussets and placket
– foldover sleeve cuffs
– chainstitch runoff
– high back yoke
– 100% made in Japan by John Lofgren & Co.